Friday, October 24, 2008

Blogging with Becca



Just when I think I know everyone and don't need anymore new friends, I make one. I have discovered my new entertainement in life...Becca. We only had one class this morning and then our Jordan orientation. Because it is a Friday, we aren't allowed out of the center until after 3, so Becca and I decided we were going to watch Emma and blog. I have been attempting to read Pride and Prejudice in the few spare moments I get. I have never read it, or any Jane Austin book for that matter, and even though I am that far in the book, it is changing the world around me. The notes in my journal come out sounding more like Elizabeth Bennett than me. I am already feeling more like a girl with the few pages I have read.


I realize I haven't put anything up in a few days so I will try and get cuaght up. First things first, do you likw how I have redone my page? I was getting sick of looking at the old layout and wanted something that flowed a little better with the pictures I was putting up. Okay, let's see what has happened since the Ramadan feast...


The end of Sukkot came and to celebrate the end, many of the Jews Participate in the Wacking of the Willows. They gather around the Western Wall and slap palm leaves or willow branches on the ground as a way to ask for rain. In order to see it, we had to be at the Western Wall at 6:30 in the morning. It was worth getting up early and making the 15 minute walk. I am suprised how well I have been getting up so early this whole time. It is probably because I love breakfast and the knowledge that I have a good breakfast waiting that gets me out of bed.


Yesterday we went on a field trip to Hezikiahs tunnel. I have been excited to do this. Brittani told me how much she loved it, so I have been been looking forward to going. It really was a blast. They are still doing excavation ont the City of David which is above Hezikiah's tunnel. We were able to look at the ruins. We wound our way down the hill and then went through Hezikiah's tunnel. As you walk through the water gets up to about my mid thigh, whick mean just baout every other girls hips. Yes, I am a tall freak here. It was such a blast to wafe through the water. Dad, that head lamp you got me in the BEST! After going through the tunnel, we went to the pool of Soloam. This is the pool where Jesus healed the blind man. It was really cool to see parts of the city that were really around suring Christ's tims, and to walk to the same streets he did. The streets from His time perios are much lower than street level today. The city just keeps building ontop of itself for years, so walking on streets Christ walks on means going below street level today. A couple friends and I went intot the old city to pick up some batteries and other things we needed. It was a very relaxed day, and I love being able to go into the city and feel at home.

No comments: