Saturday, November 15, 2008

The People I Love Most

For some reason, my family has been on my mind a lot lately. I feel like every one around me is probably getting sick of me talking about all my siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, parents, and grandparents. Being so far away from everyone has really helped my realize just how much I love and appreciate everyone in my family. I don't care what anyone else says, I come from the best family. We all might be a little nuts, but we stick together. I have been so surprised as I talk to others to find out that my siblings ans I are closer than most families. I have never felt alone because I have always had a sibling watching out for me and making sure I knew they would fight for me if I needed it, lend their shoulder if I needed a good cry, or even just provide a good laugh if I hadn't smiled in a while.
The other day in my New Testament class, we were talking about the story of the the rich leader who sought out Christ to come heal his son. When he approaches Christ it seems like Christ is harsh with him, but really he was just testing his faith. The man sticks to his guns, and his son is healed. We talked about the humility and faith this father must have had to seek our Christ. He had wealth and had probably tried every other possible medical treatment. As we discussed this story, I couldn't help but feel my heart throb a little bit as I thought of the wonderful parents and spouses my sibling are, and all that they have done for their children and families. I have seen that kind of faith in my own brothers and sisters. I know I don't tell them enough, but they are my greatest examples and my closest friends.
Chanel has somehow managed to be my best friend and a mother figure at the same time. She has taught me so many important life lessons, and has never pretended to be anything other than herself. She is always encouraging me to be better and do better. She is constantly teaching me how to be a great mom someday, at the same time as she talks about make up, tv shows, and telling me stories of the little things that happen in the day that leave us rolling with laughter.
Brittani never ceases to amaze me. The woman can do anything and everything! She is the expert on finances, the lastest gossip, and she makes the best chicken noodle soup ever! She listens to all of us and our crazyness, gives loving advice, and never thinks anything less of you for makinglife so dramatic. She pays attention to the details and always makes me feel much more important than I am.
Chelsey shows a level of compassion I can only dream to have someday. I know I can escape to her house anytime life gets to be too much, and she will fill me with food, Dr. pepper, and a reminder that even if life is crazy, it sure is fun. Chelsey is possibly the only person who can wake me up to work out in the morning and I am actually excited about it. I know I will always have one person on my side as long as Chelsey is around.
I just might be Perry's biggest fan and I wouldn't have it any other way. He can make any moment in life more exciting, and is a great example of the faith I want to have. Perry has rescued me from some of my hardest moments in life just by simply offering to be a listening ear or inviting me over for a movie. I miss my lunch dates with Perry.
Andrew is the kind of man that are in short supply. If I have turned out good at all, I credit it to Andrew. He knows how to take great resposibility and never expect anything for all that he does. He is selfless and strong. It is a good thing his silent lessons leave a much longer impressions than the bruises from his toe pinches.
Talon has the softest, kindest heart of any person I know. We used to fight like cats and dogs, but I can't think of a better friendship than the one I have with Talon now. He always says he loves me at the end of every phone conversation. He has an enthusiasm for life that I admire. I always know I can count on Talon to find the excitement in a situation, whether it be staying up all night playing monopoly because we are too excited about Christmas or the new icecream shop down the street, Talon finds the simple joy in life.
John-D boy special Webb. I miss him every single day. He never thinks less of me no matter what stupid thing I do and tell him about. I only wish that my head could be screwed on as tight as his. I love it when he rolls his eyes at me pretending to be annoyed with me, but the little smile he doesn't hide eggs me on. Everyone who meets Johnathon knows he is going to do great things, and I am proud just to be his older sister. My favorite part in the Old Testament is that Jonathan and Michal are brother and sister.
I really could go on and on but I better not feed your pride anymore. I just had to make sure my family know that I love them!

5 comments:

Chanel said...

We sure love you too. You are so much fun to be around, and always make me laugh, even when you are hungry and tired. I was telling Rodney some of your stories at lunch yesterday and we were both rolling with laughter. When ever I talk about you I always tell people that Mikael is funniest, happiest, smiliest, most caring, compassionate, selfless person I know- and it is all 100% true. You are such an incredible sister, friend and aunt. My family adores you- all of us. Even Rodney can't help but smile when you are around. I am so excited for all you are doing, but we miss you. I guess I am just glad that you will not be there forever!

Chels said...

Dido on Chanel's comments. We can't wait for you to get home. I am always excited when you come visit. SOmeone to laugh with. What can I say, we are just so funny (even though noone else gets it.)

Brittani said...

Mooch, what can I say youa re an amazing person and our family would not be the same without the little girl with the baton and roller skates. We love you so much. I miss you, and I know Christmas will not be terrible exciting for you, but I am going to be so glad to have you back for a brief moment before you are off on your next adventure. You rock and I love you more than you know!

1mamadeb said...

Mikael-I loved reading this! It was even more special that we know some of you. What an honor it is to know you girl! Be safe, and have FUN!!
Love, Debbi

Cindi said...

Mikael, we all miss you and look forwasd to hearing ALL YOUR Tales.
Love you