Saturday, December 6, 2008

Too lazy to report

Well, I am so far behind and I really don't want to take the time to sit down and try and catch up on two weeks worth of adventures, so I am posting a bunch of Galilee pictures. Enjoy!
Becca and me in Galilee.


Chelsey and me coming out of some ancient coffins in the tombs


Story Time! It was Nathan's birthday while we were in Galilee, and there really was no way to do anything nice for him becasue we were traveling all day, so I told everyone to look for wierd things throughout the day and give them to him. I found a half empty bottle of Vodka. I kind of felt bad packing it around all the churches we were visiting, but I confessed my sin in a confessional at one of the Catholic churches we visited, and then gave it to Nathan that night. This is me getting ready to give it to him. Needless to say, Vodka can make any birthday better!



My roommate Lauren and me picking up seashells on the shore of Galilee




Inside of a Mosque. I just loved that there were bookshelves inside.


Inside the tunnels of a castle in Acre



Rachel, me, and Miranda at the Bahai Gradens. Bahai is a odd religion that accepts all religions or anything that makes people good. They also believe in beauty so they have GORGEOUS gardens. I am reading Pride and Prejudice right now so This is what I imagine Pemberly to look like


The BEST apple I have ever had. We drove to a hill so we could see Syria. It was all farm country and we found a little stand selling apples for 2 sheckles (less than 60 cents)


Sign at Nimrod's castle. I guess anyone who lived at a castle named Nimrod would need one of these signs



Some of us got lost in Dan. The Hebrew signs didn't help. Niether did the deaf people we were following. I'm not joking either.



The Chapel ontop of Mt. Tabor. It is one of the most beautiful chapels I have ever been in.



Inside the church ontop of Mt. Tabor (Mt. of Transfiguration)


Me walking on water.




I lost a coin, so I swept the house until I found my coin. Once I found it, I invited all of the neighbors over so celebrate. Does the story sound familiar?



We were very close to the Golan Heights. This is the spot were Christ cast out the legion of devils


The Sea of Galilee



Beautiful alibaster window inside the chapel commemorating the miracle of the feeding of the 5,000












9 comments:

Chels said...

Love the pics, can't wait for you to get home already!!

Cindi said...

Mikael the pictures are beautiful. I especially love the sea of Galilee. I was laughing (once again)at your comments below the pictures. So much so that dad had to get on the website to read himself. I also have two pictures of you and Nathan hanging up on my calendar board. The one of you wearing his pants(wierd but what can I say) and him wearing JD's and the one with you both holding the thanksgiving cards. They are held up there with a cute handmade heart made by Lore Nygren, so you know it is beautiful, out of felt, holding the pictures up together in the center. After I put them up I thought how fitting. Well dad is reading your comments and laughing also. We are getting anxious to hear all your stories in person!

Love you and miss you!

Chanel said...

I love all of the pictures! I can't wait to see them all.

Chanel said...

So after reading mom's comment- is there something I am missing. What is going on with Nathan, and why is a heart fitting!!!!!!

Mikael Squire said...

Mother, I told you not to over react. Guess what, you went and over reacted. Knock it off or no special treats from Israel for you.

Cindi said...

Chanel- See is getting a little kissy kissy, smoochy, smoochy in the corners of the Jersusalem center (which is prohibited). I guess her new nickname will have to be smoochy instead of moochy. I mentioned Nathan yesterday and dad said who is Nathan (of course). I told him he better learn his name because he is coming for New Year's Eve (at least last I heard). He said something about is she interested in him? I said, well she has gotten a little smooching in so I hope she does. He said, well I don't think she is to discriminate with her kissing. I then asked him if he had been. And some how it came up about the summer I was in California and him still at BYU becfore we were engaged and how he took a girl out that summer. Then I asked him if he kissed her. He stopped dead in his tracks and kind of blushed. Well this was all new news to me. I thought he took her out once, come to find out he took her out several times and probably kissed her. So long story short, if I had known that you guys wouldn't exist because I woouldn't have let him pick me up to go back to school and he would have been history. My how somethings come out 37 years later. So Mikael I guess you take after your dad in more than the several ways we already know!

Johnathon Webb said...

Hey there, I figured out how to get on the blog, it is great, any way, I wanted to say that those red shorts that Mikael is wearing are also my shorts, not only the one Nathan is wearing. Thanks Mooch.

Chanel said...

Dad! What a player! Now I am totaly bummed I am not going to be home this year!

Annie. said...

Hey, WAIT! How did you get the walking on water pic? I'm intrigued!