Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I MADE IT!

Yes, it is true, I survived a flight, trapped on an airplane with 40 other Mormon kids for 24 hours. It wasn't so bad and I really like most everyone. I was having a little trouble being as... perky... as everyone else, but I have a feeling the bubbles everyone else has coming out of their ears will die down in a few days. My roommates are all great girls and we will have a lot of fun together.
You wouldn't believe how beuatiful this place is! I don't know if it is because it reminds me of New Mexico a bit, or just because it is The Holy Land, but I am in love! The Jerusalem center is definitley one of the most amazing building I have ever been in, and am blessed enough to live in for the next four months. I just can't believe how beautiful everything is. I wish I could be sharing this experience with everyone I love, but I guess I will just have to tell you all about it instead ;) I already knew one of my professors because he taught in Idaho. Thankfuly he remebered me and I already know I am going to love his class. He is here with four of his children who are all way cool.
This jetlag is a killer. I was sleepy all day, and now that it is time for me to be going to bed, I feel great! I also am STARVING, and for any of you who know me at all, that is not a good thing. I should have eaten more at dinner, but with all that airplane food still in my system, it was a little hard. It is very rare for me not to have food stuffed somewhere in my purse or backpack, but with security checks and all, I thought it would be too much of a hassle. If I get sent home soon, it will be because I tryed to break into the kitchen...

4 comments:

Rebecca Robison said...

Oh hun! This sounds just like you! I love that you are not bubbly like everyone else! And if I were there I'd give you all the food I could get! I hope you find something bc a woman in the need of food is nothing to mess with!

1mamadeb said...

Mikael-You are so amazing! I know you will come home brimming with stories and happenings! Have a marvelous time this week!

Love, Debbi King

Unknown said...

Mikeal whats up girl
hey mikeal its travis nygren just in case you didnt know, but mikeal i didnt know you already left, i thought you left in another week, so im sorry i didnt even say goodbye so now im saying hi and goodbye. ha. well mikael that sounds like it is going to be a blast and tons of fun too. ha. i hope you just love it ober there. i cant wait to here all the stories when its all over. well have fun and ride a camel for me. i think they still ride camels over there. oh i dont know but have fun ok. lov ya the tman. travis

Annie. said...

Haha! So glad that you got there safe and we certainly wish we were there with you too!