Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Meet Modern Jerusalem


Some of the friends I spent a night on the town with

I am extremely ticked off at my New Mexican education. I know NOTHING about history! I had my Modern Near Eastern Studies classes again today, but I think they might have been teaching in Hebrew and Arabic the whole 4 hours becasue I only understood what they were talking about when they said class was over. Here is what I have gotten out of class so far: Every country to EVER exist has ruled the Middle East at one point in time. That, and Jews don't know who or what they are.
After classes, I decided I better stay in and study since my years getting donuts and breakfast burritos for all my history teachers instead of actually learning something in class, did me no good. After dinner, I got together with a group of kids and we walked over to the Western, or Jewish, side of the city. It is like a completely different city over there! It is modernized and there were tons of great shops I am definitely going back to shop at. We stopped and got Gelatos, and that made my day! That and dancing with the hobos in the street. There were some people playing their obviously homemade CD's on the street, trying to sell them. Some homeless men walked over and started dancing. It looked like fun, so I convinced two of the guys with me to go over and join them. As soon as we joined in, they shut the music off. We must have been terrible dancers. It was a fun night, and it was good to see another part of the city.

1 comment:

Chels said...

I love how everything includes shopping in it. The only thing missing is a good shopping buddy, ME! I love to read all about your days. Keep it up.