Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'd rather fall on a cactus than pack



Well, tomorrow is the day! I am leaving for the Holy Land! (Today as orientation we learned that is a politically nuetral word) Getting all my CRAP there will be a trick though. The airline allows us two check-in bags, but the school is only allowing us one. I have packed, repacked, weighed, and weighed my bag again, but I just can't win. My carry-on is a whole other story and I am hoping they won't notice how GINORMOUS it is and the fact that I will also have my turtle shell of a backpack on my back. I am going to pray really hard that all of the flight personel still have crusties in their eyes tomorrow and I sneak by.

If you can't tell, the picture is me with Cactus spines in my hand. I really would rather pull those out again than think about all this packing stuff.

Other than the whole checking in, getting on the plane thing, I can hardly wait! I met my roommates and they seem like a lot of fun. The other kids I have met look fun as well and I just want to get over ther already. For all of you who keep saying "Maybe you'll meet your husband on the trip!" Wrong. 25 boys: 55 girls. The odds are not in my favor, and I definitly need as much help as I can get. I'll just be happy if I don't poop my pants in Egypt. Apparently we live on packaged food when we go there because stomache issues are the thing to get there.


Well, keep me in your thoughts and prayers these next few days. They will be exciting, but pretty tiring as well. Thanks Mom and Dad for this opportunity. I know I don't say it enough.

No comments: