Saturday, September 20, 2008

To Egypt I go!

Tomorrow I leave for Egypt and I can hardly wait! Is it really possible for one girl to be fulfilling so many dreams in such a short time? The 8 day trip will be a little nuts, so I won't be able to get on and blog about it for the week . I know, I know, how will you all live! Just so I can make you jealous, and so you can know what I am up, I will give you my itinerary. We load up on the bus at 6:30 tomorrow (the only times I wake up that early are when there is food or traveling invovled). We will be going to Tel Beersheba, Wilderness of Zin overlook, Be Gurion's grave, and then stopping at a Kibbutz to stay the night. On Monday we will get back on the bus, and go to Cairo. Tuesday is going to be my favorite Tuesday of all time. That day we will be going to the Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara, Memphis, and then a papyrus factory. How we will do all that in one day, I don't know, but I can hardly wait. That night we will take a flight to Luxor and stay in a five star hotel. Isn't life rough! let's just hope they are using the American star system and not Egypt's. On Wednesday we will be going to the west bank of the Nile temples and tombs, the Valley of the Kings, and the Funerary Temple of Ramses III. That afternoon I will be going on a Camel Safari! Thursday we take a carraige ride to Karnak Temple and then over to Luxor Temple. That night we will take an overnight train back to Cairo. We are not allowed on the club-car on the train, but I plan on creating my own club car. On Friday we will be having sacrament meeting becasue Friday is the holy day for Muslims. Then we will be going to the Egyptian Museum where we get to see a bunch of mummies, then to the Ibn Tulun Mosque, then the Anderson Museum, then to khan al-Khalili, and lasy but not least, Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe! Our professors know how to party! JK. I don't know what half those thing are I just listed, but I will find out! On Saturday we will tour Citadel and then head off to Mount Sinai. On Sunday, we will get up a 2 am so we can hike up to the top of Sinai for the sunrise. I am not going to lie, I am not too excited about the whole hiking thing. I am sure it will be amazing, but I have a hard time thinking happy thoughts in the morning anyway, let alone while I am hikinh up cliffs. After the hike, we will return to the mother land...a.k.a. Israel. Whew! Wish me luck! I am hoping I can get through the week without any stomach problems.


4 comments:

Chels said...

I hope you have a good time and at least one stomach story.j/k

Brittani said...

I am so jealous, that is going to be so much fun! Maybe having already lived it makes me even more jalous. P.S. if you get this in time dad wants a cartush (however you spell it) his name on a necklace in Egytian symbols. I did not get him one and he was sorely dissappointed. I know you will have a blast. Hug the pyramids for me. The last hug they got from a Webb was 11 years ago, they need another!

Simple Pleasures said...

MIKAEL i am so excited to here everything is going great. I am so glad that i can look at all of the cool stuff you are doing. To update you I just put pictures of the ultrasound my blog!-ITS A GIRL- AAAAAAHHHH i am so excited. Everything is going great and have a great day!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Mikael-
Holy cow! I am soo jealous! It looks like you are having so much fun! I love reading about the experiences you are having.
Enjoy them while you can!
Christi